The Orbita STS Collision Avoidance system has been designed in order to avoid collisions between a Ship to Shore (STS) crane and a vessel during the loading and unloading crane movements. Additionally, crane to crane proximity or obstacles can be detected in the surrounding driveway of the STS crane.
Safety is ensured since, as a close crane or obstacle is detected, the speed is reduced or the crane is stopped. The crane operator is provided with visual information about any collision risks in real time.
Features and Benefits
- Ensures safety by prevention of vessel and boom collision at the upper part of the STS, as well as for prior detection of obstacles at the surrounding area of the STS cranes legs.
- Collision consequences, like spreader and vessel damages, substantially decrease.
- Obstacle and STS crane proximity detection improve safety for personnel and security in terms of the terminal or port machinery.
- Laser scanners positioned at the crane structure for a complete collision avoidance.
- Mechanical brackets adapted to the STS crane.
- PLC integration is included for a smooth transition to slow speed or full stop of the crane.